In today's Podcast, we talk with Alex J. Swanson who is the founder of Nutrition Genome and creator of the software Genetrition™! He is a second generation nutritionist and co-owner of Swanson Health Center, a private family clinical nutrition practice that has been in business for over 40 years. He's also the creator of the popular blog, The Health Beat. He has a Post-B.A.C.C. in Nutrition Sciences from Bastyr University in Washington state, an M.S. in Applied Nutrition and Business Entrepreneurship from Northeastern University, a Certificate in Methylation and Clinical Nutrigenomics, and a Certificate in Genetics and Genomics from Stanford University.
Here are a few of the awesome nuggets you're in for:
- Why some people shouldn't eat grains
- Why certain people do better with less saturated fat
- A type of "safe" saturated fat
- Why certain individuals can drink caffeine and others can't
- Why B vitamins are sometimes critical
- Why synthetic folic acid can be very dangerous
- Why some people need to be very careful about taking antidepressants, blood thinners, and cholesterol-lowering drugs
- Why some people recover from exercise more quickly than others
- Supplements to take to compensate for stress
- Why I can run 5-7 miles with no problems but my husband can't
- Why I SHOULD never play contact sports (this is so fascinating!)
- Why I won't necessarily get Alzheimer's even though I have both genes for it! (YIKES!)
- And so much more!