Izabella Wentz, Pharm.D., FASCP is a passionate, innovative and solution focused clinical pharmacist as well as our 46th podcast guest. She has had a passion for health care from a very early age, inspired by her mother, Dr. Marta Nowosadzka, MD.
After being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis in 2009, Dr. Wentz was surprised at the lack of knowledge about lifestyle interventions for Hashimoto’s, hypothyroidism, and autoimmune conditions. She decided to take on lifestyle interventions as a personal mission in an effort to help herself and others with Hashimoto's.
An avid learner and goal-oriented student, she received the PharmD. Degree (Doctor of Pharmacy) from the Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy at the age of 23. Additionally, she is also a NY times bestselling author.
Here's what you'll learn:
- What is Hashimotos?
- Why 90% of those suffering from hypothyroid issues have Hashimotos.
- Why Hashimotos is not actually an issue with the thyroid
- Why surgery and medications are not effective long term
- Symptoms that suggest you may be suffering from Hashimotos
- The most common root causes of Hashimotos
- Why traditional thyroid testing is inadequate
- Which tests you needs to have to accurately diagnose Hashimotos
- What you need to know if you're going to take medications
- A common food that PALEO dieters eat that causes Hashimotos for some people
- Why acid-blocking drugs may increase your risk of Hashimotos
- The type of probiotic you need to take if you've taken antibiotics
- The condition that 90% of those she works with suffer from
- How to test your adrenal function at home
- What to eat to support thyroid function and prevent autoimmune conditions
- Supplements that will help prevent and reverse Hashimotos
- Why taking iodine may do more harm than good
- What you need to know about water if you want to avoid Hashimotos
- Her best piece of advice for preventing Hashimotos
- And much more!