Since I was a teen, I’ve struggled with mental health issues that no doctor (or psychiatrist) knew how to treat.
It wasn’t until I adopted the paleo diet and suddenly felt calmer, clearer and happier than I had in YEARS, that I understood the food I was eating was affecting my emotions.
Today, the link between food and mood is a burgeoning area of research and something I’ve spend hundreds of hours studying, which is why this week’s podcast is devoted to the 3 steps I’ve taken to keep my mood more stable than it’s been in all my life AND some of the awesome new research I think you’ll benefit from knowing about.
Here are some of the other topics I cover:
- Common side effects of psychiatric meds
- The foods moms eat when they’re pregnant that increase their child’s risk of mental health issues
- The link between gluten and schizophrenia and psychosis
- Hidden sources of gluten
- Why the wrong kind of dairy may provoke mental health issues
- The nutrient deficiency that almost ⅓ of those who are depressed suffer from
- The super nutrient that helps keep me calm
- The most important foods and nutrients for mental health
- The food that will keep your brain 11 years younger if you consume it daily
- The simple trick I used to avoid mood fluctuations
- The link between depression and type 2 diabetes
- The link between diabetes and Alzheimer’s
- The lifestyle hacks I use to keep my mood stable
- The 2 perspective shifts that have improved my mood significantly
- My New Year’s resolution
- And so much more!