Travis Christofferson, M.S. received his undergraduate degree in molecular biology from the Montana State University Honors Program and a master’s degree in Material Engineering and Science from the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. Today, he is a full-time science writer, the author of Tripping Over the Truth and founder of a cancer charity. He lives in South Dakota.
I’ve read over 50 books this year and this book was one of the best! Seriously. It reads like a novel. So if you or a loved one has cancer and you’d like to learn about cancer in a way that is entertaining rather than overwhelming don’t you DARE miss this podcast or Travis’ awesome book.
Here are some of the awesome tidbits you’re in for:
- What the Metabolic Theory of Cancer is
- Why this theory was swept under the rug
- Why James Watson (the man who discovered DNA) no longer thinks cancer is a genetic disease
- Why we know that genes are not the only drivers of cancer
- The shocking story of how chemotherapy was adopted as a cancer treatment
- Which types of cancer seem to respond best to the ketogenic diet
- Why the ketogenic diet itself, may not be enough
- Which other therapies and strategies are showing great potential
- Whether or not keto diets should be used preventatively ]
- Whether kids should do the ketogenic diet preventatively
- Travis’ thoughts on the use of ketone supplements
- If lowering blood sugar is enough to prevent and manage cancer
- Where you can go to receive cutting-edge treatment protocols
- What we need to change about our medical system
- And MUCH more!