The ABC's of a lean gut (and body!) with Dr. Grace Liu.
Dr. Grace Liu, also know by her blog name Dr. BG Animal Pharm, is a medical pharmacist with scientific, nutritional, and pharmacological training. She has studied plant biology and nutritional science, has a doctorate in pharmacy, is a certified Crossfit Nutritionist by Robb Wolf, and has a certificate from the Institute for Functional Medicine. She currently spends her time between the Bay Area and China.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Why she left the pharmaceutical industry to study the
- Why the ketogenic diet did NOT work for her
- Which foods helped her heal her gut
- What the microbiome is
Why there will NEVER be "microbiome" drug
- What dysbiosis is and why it matters
- Why you may STILL suffer from dysbiosis if you're paleo
- Why some paleo adherents don't thrive at first (and how to fix this issue!)
- What your poop can tell you about your health
- What a fecal transplant is and the disease it can treat
- An important test for gauging digestive function (hint: it's not a stool test!)
- The cause of MANY digestive issues today
- Why certain people can eat wheat without issues
- What oxalates are and how they can harm your health
- The root cause of oxalates
- How I resolved my candida
- Why genes are NOT destiny
- What the research says about weight loss and gut health
- The ABC's of a healthy lean gut
- How to eat to get a lean gut
- The 3 foods that RUINS your gut health
- How many grams of carbs you should eat each day for ideal gut health
- Fibers and foods that can improve metabolic health
- The problems with resistant starch
- How your hydrochloric acid levels affect your blood sugar (this is fascinating!)
- What supplements you should take if you get glutenized!
- Her "secret weapon" probiotic that helps her keep a flat tummy
- HOW you should take your probiotics to make them most effective
- Lifestyle changes you can make that help you build a healthy gut!
- Why having a pet is good for your gut
- And much more!