Miriam is a nutrition consultant, educator, and author specializing in the implementation of ketogenic therapies. Miriam earned her master of education (EdM) from Smith College and her master of human nutrition (MS) from Eastern Michigan University. She is board certified in nutrition (CNS) by the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists.
Miriam’s knowledge base is EXTENSIVE and her passion is palpable so if you, your child or someone you know or love has cancer then PLEASE have a listen! This is life-saving information, my friends!
Here’s what you’re in for:
- Why she’s so passionate about keto for cancer (it makes me tear up every time!)
- The disadvantages of conventional treatment
- What the research says about the ketogenic diet and cancer
- Why your doctor may tell you keto (and dietary change in general) is not a good idea
- Which types of cancer are most responsive to the ketogenic diet
- Whether a keto diet is good for kids WITHOUT cancer
- Why a ketogenic diet is helpful for those with cancer
- Lifestyle strategies for kicking cancer
- Common mistakes that keep people out of ketosis
- How long it takes to get into ketosis
- The best ways to measure your ketones (for kids too!)
- The reason you may have a burning sensation in your chest on keto (and how to fix it!)
- What your ketone levels should be if you have cancer
- How to determine how much protein you need
- Why tracking your food intake is VERY helpful (and the best app for doing it!)
- Her favorite ways to get kids with cancer excited about keto
- The best keto cookbooks for cancer
- The supplement you DEFINITELY need in ketosis
- And so much more!